According to an Ohio Attorney General News Release, the Ohio AG and the Ohio State Bar Foundation have released 8 informational videos on Ohio's Sunshine Laws (i.e., Open Meetings and Open Records laws). These videos supplement the AG's Sunshine Laws Manual, can be viewed on the Internet, and cover the following topics:
- What is a “public office” and what is a “public record” under the Public Records Act?
- How do you make a public records request?
- How is the Confidential Law Enforcement Investigatory Records (CLEIRs) exemption applied?
- Who is a “public body” subject to the Open Meetings Act?
- When can a public body enter into executive session for the purpose of consulting with its legal counsel?
- When can a public body enter into executive session for the purpose of discussing personnel matters?
- What remedies exist under Ohio’s Sunshine Laws?
- How can the Ohio Attorney General’s Public Records Mediation Program help resolve disputes about Ohio’s Sunshine Laws?